Gain the accounting, finance and management skills needed for a dynamic career in the world of finance and business.
The BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree is delivered on a full-time, part-time and blended learning basis and is ideal for students interested either in a career in the accounting profession or who wish to develop the expertise to analyse business activities from a financial perspective.
Why Study Accounting and Finance at Griffith College?
This Accounting and Finance degree reflects the multiple requirements of today’s business and finance world, preparing you for a career in accounting, banking, stockbroking, currency trading, management, insurance or positions in the financial sector. Whether you want to change career, improve job prospects or are a school leaver, the BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance is an excellent choice to develop your analytical techniques, economic expertise and strategic insight needed for a successful career within financial and business sectors.
- Students will be introduced to the course with a range of broad modules across a variety of disciplines
- If you are interested in the application of numerical techniques and the interpretation and communication of financial information, this course is ideal.
- You will develop a deep understanding of business, legal and socio-economic environments in which finance and accounting operate.
- You will build fluency in the technical languages and practices of the financial and accounting sectors.
- Once completed, students will have the necessary skills to pursue a dynamic rewarding career in accounting and/or the broader sector of finance/banking.
- The city centre location delivers the programme in the evening on a part-time basis
- You can qualify for 9 ACCA exemptions, ACA CAP 1 exemptions and a number of CPA exemptions
- You will receive lecturing from vastly experienced professionals from a wide range of industries.
- Core areas of study such as tax, audit and assurance, wealth management and management accounting will be covered.
- Students have the choice to switch in year 2 to the BA (Hons) in Business Studies/HRM/Marketing if they wish
- Excellent reputation within industry
- Excellent rates of graduate appointments
- Convenient part-time city centre location
- Gain an honours degree in three years
- Excellent study progression opportunities
We run 2 intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
- September 2021
- February 2022* (Dublin All Study Modes, Cork Part Time only)
Full-Time / Part-Time / Blended Learning
Dublin Main Campus / Dublin City Centre / Limerick / Cork