Aegis School of Business, Data Science, Cyber Security & Telecommunication
|Application fee:||1000 INR|
|Course fee:||35000 INR|
Nearly all of current financial fraud or employee misuse involves a substantial element of computer-based evidence. The course comprises hands-on exercises and case studies to ensure exposure to a real-life based scenarios. An introduction to digital forensics is featured; including computer investigations using digital evidence controls, performing data acquisition, computer forensic analysis, e-mail investigations, image file recovery, investigative report writing, and expert witness testimony.
• Explain the responsibilities and liabilities of a computer forensic investigator
• Plan and prepare for an incident requiring computer forensic skills
• Seize a computer from a crime scene without damaging it or risking it becoming inadmissible in a court of law
• Demonstrate the ability to properly document a computer forensics investigation/analysis and create reports.
• Demonstrate the ability to create forensically sound image files and working copy drives from both live and at-rest computer systems using a variety of commercial and open source tools.
• Demonstrate an understanding of various techniques to overcome encryption and passwords using a variety of commercial and open source tools.
• Classification of Conventional and Cyber Crime
• Distinction between Conventional and Cyber Crime
• Computer crime and Legal issues: Intellectual property, privacy issues,
• Criminal Justice system for forensic,
• Investigative procedure/standards digital crime scene, for extraction, preservation, and deposition of legal evidence in a court of law.
• Cyber Criminal Mode and Manner of Committing Cyber Crime
• Computer Crime Prevention Measures Online based Cyber Crimes
• Phishing and its Variants
• Web Spoofing and E-mail Spoofing
• Cyber Stalking
• Web defacement
• Financial Crimes, ATM and Card Crimes etc.
• Commercial espionage and Commercial Extortion online
• Software and Hardware Piracy
• Money Laundering
• Fraud and Cheating