The revised curriculum for the PGDBM program is developed keeping in mind the changes in the practices of the industry, evolution in technology, and the expectations from students and faculty members at large
- To equip the students with requisite knowledge, skills & right attitude necessary to provide effective leadership in a global environment.
- To develop competent management professionals with strong ethical values, capable of assuming a pivotal role in various sectors of the Indian Economy & Society, aligned with the national priorities.
- To develop proactive thinking so as to perform effectively in the dynamic socio-economic and business ecosystem.
The entire schedule is planned to suit working professionals. Class sessions include lectures, case studies and presentations. The facility of the computer lab is provided. On line sessions are conducted as per the requirement of the various subjects. If required, faculty also conduct contact sessions or extra sessions for students to give them required input of various subjects
In each semester, there are four full credit courses and two half credit courses. For every full credit subject there are 50 marks for university evaluation and 50 marks are for concurrent (internal) evaluation. Half credit courses are for fully concurrent evaluation (Except few exceptions). For concurrent evaluation of 50 marks a student will be assessed on the basis of written examination, home assignment and attendance. At the end of each semester, grade point average will be calculated and at the end of forth semester Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) will be calculated. Based on grade point average a student will get a grade (such as A, B, C, D etc.) in every semester.
The program has Four Semesters; each Semester consists of six papers except in semester IV there are five paper. In every semester a student will learn four full credit courses having 3 credit points each and 2 half credit courses having 2 credit points( with few exceptions). In Semester III the student is required to choose specialization consisting of one paper pertaining to any one of the following functional areas of management and in semester IV two papers of the same specialization selected in semester III.
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Production & Materials Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management